Re: [IRCA] [Shortwave-SWL-Antenna] Re: Noisy Cable TV

Re: [IRCA] [Shortwave-SWL-Antenna] Re: Noisy Cable TV

Why not play recordings of the noise for each repairman?   A cheap
phone recording pickup can help with the phone noise --- I will send
you one of mine to use if you do not have one...  and use the computer
sound recorder applet to record what you are hearing on the radio -
I can loan you a microphone from my microphone museum  (I do
hardware and equipment product field testing for the speech
recognition software companies)  or help you record on the line in
jack on your sound card if you have a suitable recording output or
want to use the radio (can loan you an appropriate attenuation cable
or help you locate one if that would help)  and then the cable and
phone guys can hear exactly what you hear when it is at its worst -
even if that is not going down live when they arrive.

Not to insult you if you know all about this recording thing, but
merely offering my expertise for whatever it is worth if you
think you could use it.