[Swprograms] VOR: What's New

JAZZ SHOW

In the next edition of JAZZ SHOW we'll tell you of the legendary jazzman
Alexander Varlamov, whose 100th birthday is marked on July 19th.
Alexander Varlamov was born on July 19th 1904 into a family with
extensive musical and artistic traditions. Varlamov loved jazz the
moment he first heard it. He always revealed a profound knowledge of
Louis Armstrong's repertoire but he was most fascinated by Duke
Ellington. Even though abounding in success, the life of Alexander
Varlamov was not devoid of tragic episodes. You'll hear more about that
in JAZZ SHOW ? on the air from Monday, July 19.
The program is on the air at 1530 UTC on Monday, at 0130, 0630, 1430,
and 1930 UTC on Wednesday, at 0730 UTC on Thursday, and at 0830 and 2030
UTC on Friday.
We wish you all good listening.

***

October 29, 2004, will mark 75 years since the first regular broadcast
from Moscow directed to audiences abroad went on the air. To mark the
anniversary we're conducting a listeners' poll and invite you to answer
the following questions:
1. When did you first listen to the Voice of Russia/Radio Moscow?
2. When did you write to us for the first time and why?
3. What do you think is positive and negative in our programming?
4. What features do you like most of all?
Thank you for your cooperation.

  Copyright © 2003 The Voice of Russia