[Swprograms] VOR: What's New

KALEIDOSCOPE

In the next edition of Kaleidoscope ? on the air from Monday, August 2
- you will learn about the world's first nuclear power station built 50
years ago, about the Preobrazhenye charity that helps drug addicts and
socially challenged people and also about the Friends of Tuva society
the famous American physicist Richard Feiman established 15 years ago.
Our regular contributor, Professor Vsevolod Marinov, will rationalize on
why 82 percent of Russian residents call themselves Russians even though
there are more than nationalities and ethnic groups now living in this
country. We also hope you will enjoy the history of Russia's first
porcelain factory, which will soon be celebrating its 250th anniversary.
You will hear more from Michael Stedman of our staff and also a story
about the Moscow fountains. And we also have some good music for you to
enjoy. Tune in to KALEIDOSCOPE, a program for those who want to learn a
lot in a short period of time.
The program is on the air at 0630 and 1730 UTC on Mondays, at 0230,
0530, and 0830 UTC on Tuesdays, at 0730 and 1830 UTC on Saturdays, and
at 0430 and 1430 UTC on Sundays.

NEWMARKET
(on the air from Tuesday, July 27)

The next edition of NEWMARKET will have stories on a faster-than-planned
pensions rise, announced by Prime-Minister Mikhail Fradkov the other
day, the continuing debate about the government's proposal to monetarize
the numerous preferences and allowances for pensioners, invalids, war
and labor veterans of which they are still in two minds. The YUKOS story
is another angle of the program - its host Eugene Nikitenko will give
you details about the latest developments on the Russian stock market
and the reasons why young Russians admire oligarchs - the Yeltsin-era
breed of billionaires ? in US dollar terms. So stay tuned!
The program can be heard at 1710 UTC on Tuesdays, at 0610 and 2010 UTC
on Wednesdays, at 0410 and 1610 UTC on Thursdays, at 0310 on Fridays, at
1810 and 2010 UTC on Saturdays, at 0710 UTC on Sundays.

***

October 29, 2004, will mark 75 years since the first regular broadcast
from Moscow directed to audiences abroad went on the air. To mark the
anniversary we're conducting a listeners' poll and invite you to answer
the following questions:
1. When did you first listen to the Voice of Russia/Radio Moscow?
2. When did you write to us for the first time and why?
3. What do you think is positive and negative in our programming?
4. What features do you like most of all?
Thank you for your cooperation.

  Copyright © 2003 The Voice of Russia