[Swprograms] Re: A few random reports of reception conditions

[Swprograms] Re: A few random reports of reception conditions

Richard Cuff graced hard-core-dx.com with these words of wisdom:

> Thanks -- I appreciate reception notes of even "easy listening"
> stations...because my own listening is 'catch as catch can' nowadays.

I've never understood how the "easy listening" music genre got its name.
I find it one of the most grating styles of music.  :-)

As for other stations, I just noticed in Daniel Sampson's list at Prime
Time Shortwave that Radio Thailand is using two US relays on 5890 kHz; one
at 0030 and one at 0300.  Reception was good, but the only problem is that
the program seems to be a one-hour newsmagazine-type program, with the
second half-hour being aired live from 0030 to 0100, and the first half
airing at 0300.  That, and it was full of promotional considerations, with
an advertisement for a hotel being disguised as a feature on how a hotel
provides for its business-class travelers, and a note at the end on which
brand of computers was used to produce the program.  :-)

Radio Prague was booming at 2230 UTC on 7345 kHz.  Today's Easter Monday
program had an interview with one of the members of the underground band
Plastic People of the Universe.

And Radio Taiwan International is still using 5950 kHz at 0200 UTC, which
comes in quite strong.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
TV Announcer: It's 11:00.  Do you know where your children are?