Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 22:53:42 -0400
From: Richard Cuff <rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Swprograms] sorta OT: CPB meddling in PBS editorial policy
To: Shortwave programming discussion <swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

See http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/02/arts/television/02public.html?hp&ex=1115006400&en=449e1c9c1177152f&ei=5094&partner=homepage
or http://tinyurl.com/c78vm:

Now the CPB, under Ken Tomlinson (where have I heard that name
before?) wants to influence PBS editorial policy the same way the IBB
has attacked the VOA.

The implication that there is a correlation between editorial policy
and congressional funding support is troubling.

The CPB has a web form for public comment available at
http://www.cpb.org/talktous/.  I sent them my two cents' worth; I
suggest others contact them if this development concerns you (or if it
doesn't).

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA