Re: [Swprograms] Kol Israel streaming audio

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:35:16 -0500, in shortwave you wrote:

> Most of WRN's on-demand audio is available direct from the
> broadcasters, though I am not sure specifically about the North
> African broadcasters (Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt).

That's certainly true, although I've really enjoyed having the WRN
podcasts, since some of the stations don't have podcasts (Voice of
Russia didn't last time I checked; I just checked Serbia and they don't
either).  Plus, I didn't mind the non-high-fidelity 16Kbit/sec MP4
files.  It's mostly spoken word, and I don't notice much difference
between the WRN podcasts and other broadcasts at a higher bitrate.  And
since I have a bandwidth cap, it's nice to have smaller files.

--
Ted Schuerzinger
fedya@xxxxxxxxxx