Re: [Swprograms] Digital radio news

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 17:12:22 -0500, in shortwave you wrote:

> You'd
> think the squandered opportunity to put a meaningful format on WWKB

This comes up against Scott Royall's comment, as you're implying that
sports talk is somehow not meaningful.  (Ever since the New York ESPN
Radio affiliate went FM only, I haven't been able to pick one up here in
the Catskills.  And I wouldn't mind having a competitor to WFAN.)

> and should be managed to maximize the public good, is lost on the FCC
> and the rest of our government

Are networks not in the public good?  Or are they only in the public
good when they've got the government imprimatur like the CBC in Canada
or the BBC in the UK?

--
Ted Schuerzinger
fedya at hughes dot net