Re: [Swprograms] BBC licence fee could be means tested under Government charter renewal plans - Telegraph

I think the answer is two-fold:

1.  The absolutely ridiculous profits and salaries this enterprise produces (largely due to its audiences' willingness to pay.)

2.  The excess profits of the corporate world have to go somewhere.

Cynical, yes.  Inaccurate?  I think not.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY