Re: [IRCA] Palm Springs radio update

KGFJ, the graveyard groove...Keeping Golden Favorites Jammin'...I remember the station well..I probably still ahve some old survey charts from them in storage....KPPC fm 106.7, the predicessor to KROQ and first home to Dr. Demento...Good times....Here's a funny one: I'm sitting here doing the Thursday New York Times crossword puzzle as always....Number 55 across says "Brand at a checkout counter that's also the name of a Phoenix radio station" I think for a minute and realize they are talking about KOOL cigarettes. KOOL still exists on FM but many of us remember the oldies station on AM 960 for many years. Also, 55 DOWN is KENO  (talking about the gambling game, hi.) Mike