Re: [IRCA] Palm Springs radio update

KJAY is an enigma to me Pat. I've heard them a few times at sunset from S.F. But on that dx they performed a few years ago, I listened the entire period and didn't hear a peep from them. No code, no sweeps, no voice, no nuttin. Yet it was heard in Montana and all over the west. KFIG-Fresno is pretty strong here nights but I can almost always bring in Ogden, & Salem + Mt. Vernon & San Gabriel at times, not to mention Santa Clara about 35-40 miles down the road from me. Yet I didn't hear a thing that night. And yes I did listen at the correct time :-) . At any rate KJAY is definitely a hard to catch station from anywhere outside of Sacto-Yolo counties. How about the Santa Clara station on 1430? Anyone ever hear them? I could not hear them from Sacramento 1965-1969, nor could I hear KWUN-1480 Concord or KVRE-1460 Santa Rosa. Had to move to the Bay Area to log them.

Don K.

Patrick Martin wrote:
It is kind of like the logging KJAY Sacramento in the NW. It took morse
code and a DX test running 500w (Day pattern) to barely log it here. It
was one of my most wanted for years. A very very very rare DX catch.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside Oregon "Come visit us for the 2010 IRCA convention held Sept 24-26 at the Inn
At Seaside."