QUESTION: Re: DX SEASON

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, POLITICS, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL,
QUESTION. For more information, please check
http://www.iki.fi/rko/hard-core-dx/ or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997 23:58:18 +0200, W.Passmann wrote:

>Yes, but only regarding frequencies below 6 MHz. If it is true that the
>highest signal levels can be expected on frequencies around 10 per cent
>below the MUF (I do not have the source for that at hand - any comments?),
>than signals will really get worse below 6 MHz.

Actually, I think the figure is about 15% below the MUF. And yes, tropical bands
reception tends to be more spectacular around SSP minimum. I'm very curious to
see if there will still be numerous RRI Merauke and PNG loggings in 1999. If so,
the above theory needs to be reconsidered .... :-)

73's,
Michiel.

PS: shouldn't we continue this thread under PROPAGATION: MUF ?

          -  Michiel Schaay     (mschaay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)  -
          -  Postbus 139, 3940 AC Doorn, The Netherlands  -
          -  Telefax: +31 343 416244                      -