Re: [Swlfest] Glenn Hauser

Hi Saul:

The way it generally works is that we send out a general "casting
call" trawling for those interested in presenting something.  Or if
someone commits or says they are leaning toward coming, we ask them
at that point.  It has not been our policy to "invite" speakers
solely on the basis that they might be speakers.  We've been a very
egalitarian event over the years in that the prime common denominator
is love of radio.  Whether you are a listener, a writer, a
broadcaster or all three doesn't matter.  We're all radio lovers and
how we go about our business in that vein is secondary.

I'm sure Glenn, Arnie and others familiar with the Fest know that
they would be welcomed if they chose to come.  For their own reasons
(all of which I would mightily respect), they haven't to this point.
A formal invitation wouldn't (and quite frankly, shouldn't) change
things.

My 2c

John Figliozzi